The action that links the effects of the weather with sales and marketing for a company takes a vital importance in consumer behavior.
As the saying goes, “in April, a thousand waters.” The weather forecast has predicted a high number of rainfall for this spring. Thus, despite having higher than normal temperatures, the rain can spoil any plans that involved going out.
However, this weather can be a beneficial aspect for a number of companies. Rain and poor weather conditions can increase sales by a great percentage for these businesses. This is thanks to certain weather conditions producing certain consumer needs.
Therefore, climate has been more implemented in terms of marketing. When decisions with respect to publishing advertising campaigns, forecasting the weather on those days is essential when strategizing.
How do you measure the impact?
As we have explained, the action of linking climate effects with sales index from marketing is taken to an important status when studying consumption habits. But how do you measure these impacts? The measurement is possible thanks to Big Data.
Big Data, also called large-scale data or massive data, refers to the large number of stored data and the procedures used to find patterns within data. This is found within the information and communications technology sector. It handles all activities related to systems handling large data sets.
From here, large amounts of data, that we mentioned before, are manipulated to include this information in the creation of statistical reports, business analysis and advertising, among other things.
24 hours of rain, 24 hour plans:
To continue, the following is a list of preferred plans for poor weather days when plans are ruined.
- – We begin with eating at a restaurant: Go out to eat breakfast, or brunch. If breakfast was cooked at home, going out for a coffee with good company is a good idea. Because of the conditions, avoid the terrace obviously.
- – Those anti-cookers are in luck! Enjoying some good eats is possible with a simple online order!
- – TV show or Movie: Pick from your favorite movie provider and enjoy hibernating on your couch all afternoon.
- – Online Shopping: For those times we feel the urge to seek the latest trends, all we need is to head to our favorite shopping website.
- – Coffee Shops and Cafes: For these weather conditions, a coffee or tea infusion during snack time is ideal. Being sheltered inside your favorite coffee spot could lead to a decent amount of time just relaxing and sipping on your hot drink.
- – Relax, take your time: Rain also serves to relax us. Get a massage or head over to the spa is an acceptable plan.
- – Movies, Theater: Let your imagination wander!
- – Dinner is the preferred eating session for food delivery: Italian food, sushi, or pizza are popular options.
- – If there’s a game, let’s not forget the beer and snacks so everyone can have a good time!
For these bad weather days, walking on foot is the unfavorable option. This is when our mobile devices, or tablets, becomes our greatest resource to carry out our plans. Navigating on the Internet and purchasing products or services has been converted into important aspects to communicate with friends and family or to entertain ourselves with games and music.
If you don’t want your plans ruined by rain, change them!